Shortcrust Pastry

I've had a pack of shortcrust pastry stuffed in the freezer for months. But we're moving soon and I knew I needed to do something with it soon or I'd have to throw it out and I definitely didn't want to do that. So one Sunday afternoon I decided to bake up a storm.


First make:
Quiche, specially mushroom and cheese. I used this simple recipe and just switched out the ham and onion for my own choice of ingredients.



Next up....
Jam tarts! I always remember making these with my Mama when we had left over pastry so I thought I'd throw some together. Pop some pastry circles in a muffin tray with some jam on top, bake for 10 minutes and ta-da! Easy-peasy jam tarts!


My favourite use of the day was definitely apple pie. So simple and super yummy! Chopped and pealed apples with some sugar and cinnamon popped into your pastry case, put your lid on the top and crimp the edges. Cut two little holes in the top to let the steam out and stop a soggy bottom. Bake for 35-40 minutes. 

Enjoy with ice cream or cream or just nice and warm on one of the many rainy days we have here in England. 




Enjoy!

Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment