I never imagined that at 20 I would be engaged to the most wonderful man, about to finished University and begin life as an 'adult'.
I've had Writer Baker Maker for a year now and can't quite believe it. I'm constantly thankful that I started blogging.
I thought it best to kick off the New Year in the traditional way with some resolutions, I'm not going to go crazy and try to be reasonable with my list this year. We all know how hard it can be to stick to them so I'm going to make them realistic.
1. Write in a diary. I used to keep a diary and it was always so nice to look back at what had happened in my life, I'd like to have that again. I've also had a beautiful notebook for years and I think it's time to take the plunge and write in it.
2. Cook and bake more! I love to bake and cook but it falls by the wayside a lot when I'm busy doing other things, or just being too lazy to put the effort in. So this year I'm going to experiment more, I'm going to bring out all the recipes I've sticky noted in my cookbooks and be a little more adventurous.
3. Read more books. I love to read, it's always been my favourite passtime and after loosing my kindle a few months ago and only just discovering it again I realised how much I missed reading.
4. Take more baths. I used to hate baths and never really liked Lush products but I've given both things a second chance this last year. So I want to take more time to relax and enjoy a bath now and again.
5. Be more active. I'm not going to make a crazy resolution to loose lots of weight this year because I don't feel like I need to but I do want to be more active, there's a pool around the corner from our house and I want to start swimming more often. Get out my yoga mat and be more healthy this year.
6. Drink more water. It's a new year so I've bought myself a new Bobble water bottle and I'm aiming to drink my recommended intake everyday.
7. Keep organised! I have tons of notebooks and now a calendar and week planner so I have all the tools to be prepared and ahead of the game hopefully this year I'll be on top of everything.
8. Start something new. I don't know entirely what yet but I want to try and start something new that I've never done before.
9. Write more notes and letters. You all know I love to write and I love to write to people knowing how exciting it is to receive a hand written letter. So I hope to do more of that, to keep in touch with people I love in my favourite way.
10. I want to remember everyday to be grateful for everything I have. I am so incredibly lucky and I hope I can be appreciative of that.
I hope you all had a wonderful New Years Eve, whether you stayed home in your pyjamas or went out in your best dress.
Here's to a new year. Bring it on 2015.