Winter Baking: Gingerbread Hot Chocolate

I'm a lover of Gingerbread and peppermint and caramel and all flavours Christmassy. I'm not a lover of the price of them so last year I decided to test out a few things and see if I could recreate those delicious flavours at home..

After a few flops I was successful and I thought I'd share a few recipes with you!

First Gingerbread Hot Chocolate:



You'll need- Milk of your choice, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Ginger, Ground Nutmeg and Hot Chocolate powder. And Whip cream if you would like a little extra!

Grab your pan and heat up 2 cups of milk.



In a small bowl pop your hot chocolate powder and add a couple of shakes of ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon and mix them up.
Add the hot chocolate mixture into the milk and whisk while it heats up.


Once hot through and a little frothy turn the heat off and leave to cool for a minute.



Add it to you mug and if you're like me add whip cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.




Next Caramel Milkacino (Invented by G):

This one is a lot simpler and you will need:

Milk of your choice and caramel syrup.


Same as last time measure 2 cups of milk, start to whisk and while you are whisking add a shot of your caramel syrup (this is around 2-3 tablespoons) and keep whisking until nice and hot.


Again feel free to add whip cream if you like! G's not a fan though.


It's getting closer to December now and I'm so excited to decorate the house! I'll be posting some more wintery updates and as soon as we decorate I'll give you a little glimpse.

Enjoy!

Katy






No comments:

Post a Comment