Advent Day 24: Last minute Cranberry sauce

Merry Christmas Eve! It's nearly that day! We've had a busy few days travelling round visit people. Today though we had a lazy day, we popped to the shops (not as crazy as I thought but still hard to negotiate) and prepped all our food for tomorrow.

One of the things I prepped today was our Cranberry sauce, we love cranberry sauce and if we buy a jar we go through it at lightning speed! So I decided to try making some for our dinner!

So I thought I'd share the recipe with you as a little last minute addition to our table and maybe yours..

It's really simple and you'll need;

500g cranberries fresh or frozen,
200g sugar,
200ml orange juice.



Pop your orange sugar and sugar together in a pan and bring to the boil on a medium heat.



Once that is boiling slightly and all your sugar has dissolved add your cranberries.




If they are frozen they will take about 5 minutes to cook through, fresh ones around 10 minutes.




Once some of the cranberries have burst and your sauce is starting to thicken up turn off the heat and leave to cool on the hob.



This will last in your fridge for about 1 week but I know in our house it'll be more like a few days!



All our things are prepped and in their pans ready to go right in the oven tomorrow and we've got our chicken prepped and beef ready to go in the slow cooker. I'm very excited about our Christmas dinner!

Merry Christmas, I hope you have a lovely day with the people you love!

Katy x

No comments:

Post a Comment