Advent Day 9: Christmas Cookies

Hello, I love Christmas cookies and I thought I'd share my favourite recipe. I made these ready for Christmas tree decorating so I made cranberry and white chocolate for myself and fudge for G. 

Firstly the Cranberry and White Chocolate ones! 

Ingredients: 
135g unsalted butter
160g sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence 
190g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
100g cranberries
60g white chocolate chips




To get you started cream together the sugar and butter until it's light and fluffy!


Slowly add the egg bit by bit making sure it's fully incorporated each time.



Next weigh out your flour, cinnamon, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Combine together and grab your sieve.



Sieve the flour mixture into butter, eggs and sugar slowly making sure it's incorporated and there are no lumps.



Last but not least stir in your cranberries and chocolate.


Then line a baking tray or pan with greaseproof paper and add small balls of dough onto the trays.
Bake at 170' for 15-20 minutes. Then leave them to cool, although they taste pretty delicious warm from the oven.



Next up Fudge cookies especially for G!

So I used the same basic recipe and took away and added a couple of things.

Ingredients: 
135g unsalted butter
160g sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence 
190g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
100g fudge pieces


Again cream together butter and sugar in a bowl then add the egg.


Sieve in the flour, salt and bicarbonate.




Add the fudge then shape into small balls on a grease proofed tray.


Once again bake at 170' for 15-20 minutes or until they're nice and golden.



As you can see these went pretty quickly before I got the chance to photograph them. But I can definitely say that they taste so darn delicious! 

Enjoy! 

Katy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment